Congratulations on taking the first step in becoming a part of the Myrtle Beach Triathlon community! Whether you are new to the sport, new to the area, or you often visit the Grand Strand, we welcome you and look forward to swimming, biking, and running with you.
As of 2017, an annual membership fee will be $20; it will be paid every year. The one-time-fee program will no longer be supported as this club is 100% nonprofit and annual membership fees help support our programs and projects. Members under age 10 and over age 60 will be able to renew their membership for free.
Please remember that club membership expires each year on Dec. 31st. You must renew your membership by registering each year in order to be a valid member. Valid membership helps the club not only maintain support of and compliance with USAT, but it also confirms our roster which enables us to participate in programs like the IRONMAN TriClub Program.
Myrtle Beach Triathlon Club strongly encourages all members to become members of USA Triathlon, aka USAT. This is the national governing body of triathlon in the US, and membership includes many discounts. In addition, to register for any sanctioned triathlon race, all persons must have EITHER a membership with USAT or must purchase a One Day Pass from the event. These memberships allow the race and its directors to be in compliance with insurance policies.
***Selecting the affiliation of “Myrtle Beach Triathlon Club” as your club in your profile on USAT’s membership website DOES NOT make you an official member of this club; only registering on this page makes you a “member.” ***
As a member of the Myrtle Beach Triathlon Club, you will be asked to sign USAT’s waiver and release. This is because you will be a member of an official triathlon club that has an insurance policy with USAT. All sporting activities that involve solely members of the club that are organised by, produced by, or solely supported by official members and organizers of this club (including organization via public social media,) are covered by this insurance.
MBTC Membership Packages
- “THUNDERBOTLZ”* $20
- Ages 60+ (Free)
- Minors 7- under 18 can join. A parent or guardian must be with the minor at all times during MBTC events, clinics, and workouts. Distances will follow USAT structure.
You can cancel at anytime. To cancel please email Adm.firstname.lastname@example.org or reply cancel to the annual subscription email.
*Must be a Level II member to be on our USAT Club Roster. After registering with MBTC please go to http://www.usatriathlon.org/membership-services/membership-home.aspx and add MBTRi club.
Download Application and Waiver (Click Here) to mail in
Complete Application-Waiver with Paypal payment or with a Credit Card (ONLINE)
“So what do I get out of this membership?”
MBTC offers great camaraderie plus: Benefits
- Regularly scheduled group swims, rides and runs
- Free swim, bike, run and nutritional clinics
- Race in “Members only MBTC races”
- Membership discount with the YMCA
- 10% discount at Hot Stacks
- In-store discounts @ Black Dog Running Store
- 1/2 price discount code with Xterra wetsuits
- Discount with Professional Rehabilitation Service
- A Trismarter sprint, Olympic & Half Ironman training program.
- Special discount with Retul-Wesly Spratt @ Summit Cycles, Columbia S.C.
- Access to our training library
- Discount Coaching services by Trismarter
- Purchase MBTC tri gear at cost.
- Christmas Party and awards dinner
- Plus the opportunity to race with and learn from other enthusiastic triathletes!
- Race for individual & club team points in all IRONMAN race series.
- Eligible for IRONMAN exclusive discounts available through the IM-Tri-Club Program
- Race for club points in regional and national USAT races. (USAT membership is required, annual or 1 day pass)
- Race on the MBTC USAT roster
- Race for club points in the S.C. Setup Event Race series
- Access to invitation-only team race
- Free use of clubs travel hard case bike box
- Discount codes available too USAT members for gear, races and travel.
Want to join? It’s easy to become a member, but there are a few requirements
- Participate or volunteer in one or more races/events per year
- Participate in group workouts throughout the year. (Schedule is posted on website)
- Lead by example- stay safe and lawful while training and racing
- Promote club sponsors when the opportunity arises
- Maintain a fun, positive attitude-fun is what it’s really about!
Myrtle Beach Triathlon Inc. is a non-profit organization. All officers on the board are volunteers.
Club Bylaws ( Click Here)
USAT Club Certificate (Here)
Director of Insurance Policy (Here)
Club Insurance Certificate (Here)