Pre race meeting.
June 23rd 5:30 pm till 7:00 pm
Get ready MBTC to kick off our triathlon series with a bang!!
We have a great night planned for you!
Open to all guest racers and club members.
>Pickup Race Number
>A pasta dinner.
>Guest speaker Rossann Wilcox will speak about pre race carb loading & race day nutrition.
>We will also have the fastest cyclist in town Aaron Johnston from Cyclopedea help us setup our computrainer and give us tips on peddling efficiency..
*We will setup appointments for testing days.
*Here is a preview of what to expect.
>Black Dog running store will be onsite if you need to purchase any nutritional items, running gear or race belts. (We recommend you using a race belt this year)
>MBTC Tri gear will be available to purchase.
>Pickup your free MBTC tech T if you missed out on the free Tri-gear promo.
This is a free event… Donations are always welcomed.
Please RSVP so we can have enough Pasta for everyone
Sat, June 23, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Hot Stacks at Restaurant Row. 9707 n kings hwy 17 across from the galleria shopping center
Sprint Triathlon @ Garden City: $10 (Donations will be taken on event day) June 24
Race start 6:30 am. Transition opens 5:30 am
*Races are fundraisers.
*Fees are suggested donations.
*Race is limited to 60.
*Bike support in Transition will be available by GSB
*Top 2 males & 2 females will receive a free Specialized tube from Beach Bikes.
*Swim, Bike & Run Sag support by GSB Cycling Team. “No one left behind”
500 yard swim, 13 mile bike and 3.1 mile run
- MBTC is offering a fun friendly competition between members & guests.
- If you are a newbie that is interested in getting into triathlons or a vet that needs to train for one, this event is for you.
- MBTC level 2 members will be competing for points.
- Members have first chance to register. Guests can fill open spots.
- You have to pre-register for this event online before June 19.
- Have Fun!
- Swim as much of the swim as you can (snorkel, fins or pull buoys are aloud). You can exit the swim at any time & swim as shallow as you want. We will have boat support for your safety.
- Bike is a 1 loop out and back. Must have an Approved helmet with chin strap buckled when in use. Drafting is a no no. We want everyone to be safe. Please stay at least 3 bikes lengths away. Pass on left of a rider only then move back to the right side. Please ride as close as you can to the edge, not in the center of the road. This is an open course to traffic. Must obey all traffic laws. As of right now Everyone will stop at the stop light , even if it is green, and walk their bike across the intersection using the crosswalk. We will work on having police assistants for that light.
- Run is 1 loop out and back. Running is against traffic. Please run as close as you can to the edge of the lane. No running 2 or more wide unless passing.
- No littering on the course. Georgetown County has been very kind to us for holding this event so lets keep it beautiful.
Swim Map (View)
Bike Map (View)
Run Map (View)
Members (Level 1 & level 2) Click here to register (Closes 06/19/12 10:00 pm)
Guests Click here to register. (Will open if there is available spots on 06/19/11:00 pm)